In this role you will perform the tasks comprising the root of The Board Store's business while also acting as a caretaker of our professional brand and reputation. You will be the primary representative of the company during the installation process and thus will play a crucial role in shaping the customer's impression of their experience with The Board Store. You will be part of a team responsible for a variety of Exterior installations, including removing and installing windows and doors, installing siding and wrapping trim, installing gutters, and constructing sunrooms. You will develop a preference in specific installations but will work to become proficient in the others to accommodate whatever work is available. Through experience and company-sponsored training, you will gain an expert-level knowledge of the products we sell and our installation processes. You will utilize this knowledge to identify and solve problems that arise during the installation, communicate with our Operations staff, help customers with whatever questions they may have, and ensure coworkers are performing their tasks in compliance with OSHA safety standards and The Board Store policies.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• In this position you represent the face of The Board Store. Communicating with customers and coworkers in a timely and professional manner is required.
• You must fill out all applicable paperwork, whether written or electronic, completely, and accurately and turn it in in a timely manner. This includes filling out your time records accurately.
• Job packets are received before a job begins and must be read thoroughly before the beginning of each project.
• Responsible for one or more types of exterior installations including removing and replacing windows and doors; tear off and installation of siding, soffit/fascia, window trim and gutters; installing decks, railings, manufactured or stick built sunrooms, other tasks as needed and assigned.
• Cleanliness is important to the experience and image of The Board Store. All jobsites will be cleaned and free of hazards upon completion of the job.
• Lead and OSHA safety standards must be followed when they are applicable. This includes use of safety gear and equipment.
• This position requires experience using hand tools and power tools, especially table saws and chop saws.
• Physical requirements involve standing for long periods of time; regularly bending, twisting, and kneeling; lifting and carrying between 30 – 50 lbs; and being able to lift over your head up to 50 lbs. You must be able to climb ladders, scaffolding and planks.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Must have a clean driving record
• High School Diploma/GED
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a construction/Installer position
• Strong customer service skills
• High attention to detail and ability to follow instructions thoroughly
• Understanding of OSHA standards