In this role you will perform the tasks comprising the root of The Board Store's business while also acting as a caretaker of our professional brand and reputation. You will be the primary representative of the company during the installation process and thus will play a crucial role in shaping the customer's impression of their experience with The Board Store. Whether by yourself or in a two-person crew, you will be responsible for a wide variety of Interior installations, including removing and installing wet spaces, performing tub-to-shower conversions, installing cabinets or full kitchen remodels, removing and replacing vanities, and laying tile for flooring or backsplashes. You will develop a preference in specific installations but will work to become proficient in the others to accommodate whatever work is available. Through experience and company-sponsored training, you will gain an expert-level knowledge of the products we sell and our installation processes. You will utilize this knowledge to identify and solve problems that arise during the installation, communicate with our Operations staff, help customers with whatever questions they may have, and ensure coworkers are performing their tasks in compliance with OSHA safety standards and The Board Store policies.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In this position you represent the face of The Board Store. Communicating with customers and coworkers
in a timely and professional manner is required.
- You must fill out all applicable paperwork, whether written or electronic, completely and accurately and
turn it in in a timely manner. This includes filling out your time records accurately.
- Job packets are received before a job begins and must be read thoroughly before the beginning of each
- Whether by yourself or in a two-person crew, you will be responsible for a wide variety of Interior
installations, including removing and installing wet spaces, performing tub-to-shower conversions, installing
cabinets or full kitchen remodels, removing and replacing vanities, and laying tile for flooring or
backsplashes. Other projects or tasks will be added when needed.
- Cleanliness is important to the experience and image of The Board Store. All jobsites will be cleaned and
free of hazards upon completion of the job.
- Lead and OSHA safety standards must be followed when they are applicable. This includes use of safety
gear and equipment.
- This position requires experience using hand tools and power tools, especially saws. You should be
proficient in rough carpentry, finish and trim work, drywall installation and repair, and caulking.
- Physical requirements involve standing for long periods of time; regularly bending, twisting and kneeling;
lifting and carrying between 50 – 100 lbs; and being able to lift over your head up to 50 lbs.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Must have a clean driving record
- High school diploma
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a construction/Installer position
- Strong customer service skills
- High attention to detail and ability to follow instructions thoroughly
- Understanding of OSHA standards